Access to administrative systems at ETSU is provided to employees as necessary to help them in the performance of their assigned duties. These privileges are granted with the understanding that they will be used as stated on the COMPUTER ACCOUNT REQUEST FORM. These privileges are granted with the idea that one’s interest ceases when it invades the right of personal and/or institutional privacy, results in the destruction of personal and/or institutional property, demonstrates a potential for loss, embarrassment of litigation to the individual and/or institution, or because of an otherwise irresponsible use of a limited resource. It is the responsibility of the employee’s immediate supervisor to ensure that computer resources are being used in a manner consistent with the needs and responsibility of the employee’s position.
1. Employees may be provided access to the systems needed to perform the functions of their positions as governed by the following guidelines:
• Banner Finance – An employee with an active assignment on Banner HR may receive generic inquiry access upon receipt by the Office of Information Technology of the above required form. Any requests for access other than the generic inquiry will be forwarded to the Comptroller’s Office for approval.
• Banner HR – An employee with an active assignment on Banner HR may receive generic inquiry access upon receipt by the Office of Information Technology of the above required form. Any requests for access other than the generic inquiry will be forwarded to the Human Resources Office for approval
• Banner Advancement – All requests received by the Office of Information Technology will be forwarded to University Advancement for approval.
• Banner Student – Instructors, academic deans, academic department chairs, academic secretaries and employees within administrative units directly responsible for Banner Student functions with an active full-time assignment on Banner HR is eligible for an account. Access for any other employee will be sent to a review committee to determine if the granting of access is appropriate. Graduate Assistants, student workers and part-time employees may gain access by use of a "departmental account". Access to all such accounts will be controlled by the individual to whom the "departmental account" is assigned. The appropriate portion of the COMPUTER ACCOUNT REQUEST FORM must be completed as to the type of access required.
Note: To take care of adjunct faculty members, an additional checkbox for "Adjunct" has been included on the request form with the following wording: Additional requirements for adjunct faculty to obtain access to Banner Student: A memo from the appropriate dean must be attached to the request form stating the reason Banner Student access is requested.
These requests will be sent to the director of Undergraduate Student Advisement for approval.
1. All individuals requesting access to administrative system(s) pursuant to this policy must complete a COMPUTER ACCOUNT REQUEST FORM which must be submitted to the Office of Information Technology.
2. Requests for access for agencies under contract to the university and acting for the university may be made on the COMPUTER ACCOUNT REQUEST FORM and must have the signature of the ETSU official responsible for the contractor.