Below, you will find links to setup instructions for configuring your wireless interface for connectivity at ETSU. Please note our wireless network policy.
Most ETSU owned wireless devices that log on to the ETSU Domain will receive the SSID wireless configuration automatically. If you are not automatically prompted to login to ETSUWiFi, plug the device into ETSU's network with a network cable and reboot so it can get the initial wireless configuration. If you are still not prompted to log into ETSUWiFi at next reboot, choose the correct operating system listed above under ETSU owned machines and manually configure the device.
Note: ETSU owned machines that use Microsoft Vista and Windows 7 may be prompted to enter their user name and password twice at initial login. The first set of credentials is to logon to the laptop. The second set is to log on to the wireless network.
OIT does not offer support for PDAs, smart phones, iPods and other similar devices. The instructions offered here are for the convenience of those who are comfortable making configuration changes without assistance. Please do not contact OIT for technical support for your handheld device.
For iPhone / iPod Touch issues, limited support is offered by the eLearning Department. They can be reached at email@example.com or by phone at 439-8611.
To connect an unsupported device to our wireless network, you can try using the following steps as a guideline. Some of these may not apply.
- Make sure you are in an area where we have wireless coverage.
- The network name is ETSUWiFi
- Configure your wireless device to connect using WPA2-Enterprise with AES encryption.
- The key is provided automatically when authenticating over 802.1x
- Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication
- EAP type is PEAP
- Uncheck "Validate server certificate"
- If there's an option to use the OS login credentials for connecting wirelessly, uncheck that option.