If you need to get a long distance PIN, please follow the instructions for the type of PIN that you desire.
Calls to be charged to the department's account
To get a long distance PIN where the charges are billed to the department's account, you'll need to fill out a Computer Account Request Form, available at http://www.etsu.edu/oit/forms/. Once the form is completed, you can either mail the form to the address at the top of the form or hand-deliver it to 309 Dossett Hall.
When we receive the form, the PIN will be assigned and an e-mail will be sent to you. If you don't have a valid e-mail account at the time of the PIN assignment, then an e-mail will be sent to the person listed as the supervisor on the request form notifying about the PIN assignment. Once you get an account and activate it, you can either e-mail the Helpdesk or call us at 9-4648. We will update your information in the system and have it e-mail the PIN to you.
NOTE: LD PIN numbers are NOT automatically generated for new employees. A Computer Account Request Form will need to be filled out to request a PIN for the new employee.
Calls to be charged to you personally
If you want the calls to be charged to you personally and not the department, follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.resi.com/
- Click on the button labeled Specific College Information
- Type in etsu for the name of the school. It doesn't matter whether it's in all caps or not. Click on the Login button.
- Click on the button labeled Register for a New Account
- Click on the button labeled New Account if Working On Campus
- You'll get a notice about how you will be billed. Click on the Continue to continue.
- You'll see a form to fill out. Enter your SSN where it says Student ID. Leave the System Administrator Password box blank. When you have completed the form, click on the Send It In button.
Transferring to a different department
When you transfer to a different department, you will need to submit a new Computer Account Request Form, available at http://www.etsu.edu/oit/forms/, with the budget number for that department. Once the request has been received and processed, you will receive an e-mail with your new PIN. LD PINs are NOT transferable between departments in order to maintain billing consistency. Once we are notified by either Human Resources or by the department administrator that you have relocated, your old PIN will be submitted for closure.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Helpdesk at 9-4648.